- To secure a wider recognition and promote the importance of efficient Materials Management in commercial and industrial undertakings.
- To safeguard and elevate the professional status of individuals engaged in the Materials Management faculty.
- To constantly impart advanced professional knowledge and thus improve the skill of the person engaged in the Materials Management function.
- To propagate and promote among the members’ strict adherence to IIMM Code of Conduct and Ethics
- To consider first the total interest of one’s organization in all transactions without impairing the dignity and responsibility to one’s office.
- To buy without prejudice seeking to obtain the maximum ultimate value for each rupee of expenditure.
- To subscribe and work for honesty and truth in buying and selling, to denounce all forms and manifestations of commercial bribery and to eschew anti-social practices.
- To respect one’s obligations and those of one’s organization consistent with good business practice.